;
Live feed signups *Support the Site* u get them through.
*Thank You* for getting your feeds via The Links Here on BBDish!
We're Ready for BB17!!

BB17 Posts: Happy BB17 Premiere Day!, BBDish is Back for BB17!
BB16 EZ Archive: Miss a few Days? Check the BBDish EZ Archive, BB16 Flashback How To: Need Flashback Help? Here ya go!
Cool BB Stuff on Ebay & Around the Net!: Personalized BB TShirts!, BB Auctions, BBDish Swag: TShirts, Mugs & More, BB on Big Brother - Big Brother, Season 11

BBDish! Ya Gotta Have it!

BB17 Starts June 24th!

Google

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Big Brother 14: Sunday Musings

Happy Sunday, BB Lovers! Shane won the very physical PoV last night, and providing he uses it on himself, that leaves Ian with 2 options for the PoV Ceremony: Dan or Danielle.

As it stands right now, the ReNom chair will belong to Danielle, and as you can see, that is weighing heavily on Shane... but things change on a dime in the BB14 house, so when you're watching the live feeds today, be sure to keep an eye on Jenn.

Jenn has ample fodder to turn this week around for herself, either before of after the PoV Ceremony.  She could tell Ian or Shane any of the following:
  • Her final 3 deal with Dan and Danielle.
  • Jenn's knowledge that Shane was Dan and Danielle's intended evictee this week
  • Jenn's knowledge that Ian was indeed the target for eviction during the Fast Forward; and again at final 5, had he not won the HoH;  
  • Dan and Danielle's complicity with Frank's backdoor of Britney.
While Jenn did isolate herself from the other HGs last night, to the point where it felt like she was a ghost in the house, I imagine these are the some of the options she's weighing.   Those are just what I can think of off the top of my head.  She can't have possibly missed that her 2 new best friends disappeared as soon as Shane won the PoV.

My questions are when and will she use any of it?  Will her approach be to target either Dan or Danielle specifically, figuring she'll have a better chance against one or the other before the PoV Ceremony even happens?

Or will she be more cautious and try to get Ian to reveal who he's leaning towards putting up and proceed from there?  Will Jenn wait til after the PoV Ceremony entirely, on the off chance Shane decides (with Dan and Danielle's help) to leave himself on the block and hope all can proceed as planned?

There is much to consider... Last but not least, Jenn's best bet might be to bring up what an ideal person she is to bring to final 2, as whoever sits next to her is just about guaranteed the big money, but I don't know if her ego is ready to own that card, even if it is her ace in the hole..

Unless things change before the PoV Ceremony, Danielle will take the seat next to Jenn.  Under Dan's fine tutelage, Danielle has positioned herself beautifully throughout this game.  Throwing comps unless necessary, building relationships to cover her in times of need, playing a brilliant social game, Danielle's name never came out of anyone's mouth as a target for weeks on end...

A few days ago, seeing Danielle spread her BB wings with her seeming willingness to cut Shane, Dan asked himself, what kind of monster have I created??  She has grown tremendously as a player this season, but I wonder if it's enough to take a win over her coach, who can take credit for a great many of her decisions throughout the game.

On her own, Danielle has made final 2 agreements with Dan, Shane and Jenn.  A young woman of many faces, she's covered all the bases, minus Ian.  While Dan and Shane are the longest running agreements, Danielle has 450,000 reasons to figure out a way to keep both herself and Jenn in the game this week.

History has shown that women simply do not win the big prize against men in Big Brother; they win it against other women.  Perhaps it's our cultural gender bias.  We could explore this phenomenon for a doctoral thesis worth of writing, but I'm not going to do that today..

It's a sticky wicket for Danielle... The problem is this: in order to keep Jenn in the game, Danielle's going to have to sell out Dan or hoodwink Shane.  

Unless Danielle can convince Shane not to use the PoV on himself, or Ian to put Dan up as the ReNom, possibly as payback for Dan doing it to him during the fast forward last week, Danielle's guaranteed win - sitting next to Jenn at final 2 -  may well walk out the door, and with her,  450,000 dollars.

There is also much to consider from Ian's end.  On the one hand, we have Ian's loyalty to the Quack Pack and his great desire to see the alliance he created enter the final 4 together.

Although Ian is completely aware that it's win or go home from this point forward, I wonder if his innocent commitment to the QP will be his downfall, since the only reason it still exists is because Ian keeps winning comps, where Dan, Danielle and Shane (and Jenn) otherwise would have already sent him packing.

Had Jenn won the PoV, Ian's desire, stated to Dan and Shane, with whom he has a final 3, was to put Danielle up and out.  His reasoning being that she'd be tough to beat in the intellectual comps coming down the pike.  Given the opportunity to vote a tie breaker, I wonder if Ian would vote with his head or his quacking heart..

Ian believes that "to be the best, you have to beat the best."   I believe this is why he plans to bring Dan to the final 2, but I think Ian might garner more jury favor (and votes), if he sent Dan to the jury members on Tuesday, gift wrapped in a pretty red bow.  

It would be quite the coup for Ian, playing a key role in the dispatching of Boogie, Frank and Dan.  Even as Ian reassures Dan he'll bring him to final 2 whenever Dan repeatedly asks, last night Ian was also heard murmuring, "the mist.. the mist.."  It would appear that Britney lives on in Ian's mind and his game decisions.

With regard to Dan, I wonder about what seems like an ego desire to have his coaches cake and eat it too,  by getting his charge to the final 2, and for him to win the grand prize.

I wont pretend to know what's actually going on in Dan's head as far as his best choice for Final 2, or anything else for that matter.

I believe his, and anyone's best final 2 option is Jenn.  Regardless, with final 2 agreements galore, a season's worth of misting everyone within reach, and his season changing, BB life extending Funeral and Resurrection, Dan certainly seems poised for another win.

These are just my thoughts for a Sunday morning... I hope they're not too jumbled.  Thank you for indulging me in this ever so rare occurrence... taking the time to think. ;0)

I hope to see you all back here for the Sunday Show viewing party this evening at 7:50pm eastern.  Until then, it's time for some Sunday Sanity.






Permalink







24 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Goodmorning Carolyn!

That was beautifully written and I very much so enjoyed reading it..

I agree that Ian should send Dan packing and then he basically has a guaranteed win.

However, I don't want that to happen because I would like to see Dan win.. I truly believe he is the best to ever play.

Enjoy your sanity Sunday. My eyes will be locked on Jenn most of the day.

September 9, 2012 at 8:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Considering Shane doesn't really know how the end game works, he'd be a fool to save anyone other than himself. No female, no matter the bond, especially one created in a game, would convince me not to use the veto on myself.

Jenn wanna save yourself? Spill the beans. ALL of it. First to Shane, then Ian.

Danielle has played a remarkable game, but I think she jumped the gun with her comments to Dan/Jenn about Shane BEFORE the veto comp.

Ian needs to think of himself, not the QP since now its every man/woman for themselves. Ideally if he wants the big money, he needs to take Jenn to the end if possible.

Maybe its just me, but as great a player as Dan is, as a jury member, I couldn't give him the money. He's already won, and he's lasted as long as he has because he's got experience in the house. Others don't.

I watched a bit of the feeds last night but since nothing spectacular was happening I called an early night.

Hope you have a great Sunday Carolyn, and fellow dishers! See you later!

September 9, 2012 at 8:43 AM  
Blogger MattitudeV1oh said...

I agree with everything you said. On top of that, thank you for giving Danielle the credit that she's due. There's so much venom about her out there (some deserved; most not) it's incredibly refreshing to see someone take their blinders off and realize that she's learned much from Dan. A less intelligent, weaker player would have crumbled under the emotion by now and given up their game. She's only gotten stronger. So well done all around. :)

September 9, 2012 at 8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Danielle has done a GREAT job.. I totally agree. I don't agree with the haters on her at all. She's young.. She has a lot of growing up and learning to do.. I don't think she should be scrutinized for the little things.

She has learned a lot from Dan but has also applied it all herself.. She has made remarkable moves and has set herself up very well to get to the end.

September 9, 2012 at 9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said Carolyn!! And good morning, and congrats to your mom on her win from yesterday ive been at a wedding so I just finished catching up.

September 9, 2012 at 9:44 AM  
Blogger curlerchick said...

Carolyn

I really enjoyed the read this morning. So much has happened and so fast in this game, it's sometimes hard to keep up with it.

I was looking through flashback from last night and around 10pm BBT the HG's were doing blind taste tests, had me giggling and laughing out loud.

September 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wonderful summary and analysis Carolyn! A great Sunday morning read.

September 9, 2012 at 9:55 AM  
Blogger CarolynBBDish said...

Hi everyone :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my Sunday Ramblings and commenting. I'm out and about at the moment, and I'll be back later to publish any comments waiting in the queue.

September 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian didn't accomplish anything he is getting credit.

1) eliminating boogie: watch the clips again. Boogie asked Ian if he would put up Britney and to think about it, not that he was gunning for her. He was likely disguising his silent six alliance. As a result Ian got uneasy and spilled the beans to te QP. This was not a game move.

2) eliminating frank: Ian did not eliminate frank, he nominated him for eviction as many hoUse guests before him did as well. Ian was just fortunate enough for frank not to win POV because Dan won it. Dan is responsible for frank's eviction, not Ian.

Ian has been lucky, hasn't made any Big game moves, an doesn't deserve to win. Dan has been running the game for weeks and has successfully seen all houseguests evicted that can actually think for themselves. Now he can play puppet master to the end. He is the only player deserving of victory. Dan is a strong player, Ian is a puppet with an ego.

September 9, 2012 at 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn

I agree with most of your perspective on the final five. For Ian, there is no clear answer since no one will take him to final3 let alone final2

September 9, 2012 at 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mattitude

I think the dislike for Dani is just a personal taste. She has floated well, almost as well as Jenn. But on a personal level I just dont like her. She reaffirmed this last night with her statement that shes never been attracted to anyone outside "her" race

September 9, 2012 at 10:06 AM  
Blogger Natalie37 said...

I loved reading what you wrote Carolyn, such great points and I agree with everything you said. But I really hope Dan stays and makes it to the end. He's played such an amazing game. I hope Danielle goes this week, I would love to see Jenn stay simply because I like her better.

Have a great day Dishers!

September 9, 2012 at 10:14 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Bummer lol...late again...have a lovely day!! Thx for sharing ur thoughts w us! Well spoken! I hope ian is thinking of himself in all this...he seems so into the experience and wanting to make wiki history and preserving qp...he is so surprised to still be there! I worry that he doesn't think about actually winning...the "how to" I mean...I so want him to be in F2...not just because he's so damn likable either (he is tho dammit...most likable hg ever!) but he's such a fan and in spite of his social awkwardness he has managed to play an awesome game! Really hope he wins both the big one and america's fave...he's this canadian's fave for sure!

September 9, 2012 at 10:24 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

I really appreciate, and agree with your analysis. Jenn and, to a lesser extent, Ian, have paths open to them for moving forward. Jenn's requires that she analyze and state her own position to Ian, and convince him that not only is she his best bet to win, but that working with Dan will harm Ian in the end. Jenn has shown determination and competitiveness (intermittently), but she hasn't used any game strategy up to now on her own behalf, or tried to profit by understanding another player's best options. Is it realistic to expect her to change at this point? She seems pretty down, just as Brit did her last week. Both had options that they didn't find ways to explore, and that's sad.

I don't think it would take that much for Ian to come around to realizing that Dan is dangerous to him. He actually seemed a bit half-hearted in agreeing to a final 2 with Dan. Maybe I'm misreading that, but it's my only shred of hope at this point. Ian really has no idea how alone is or has been since Brit left. If he did, he would have made deals with Shane and or Jenn. The only person he really talks to is Dan, which is why Dan is likely to beat him. To get Dan out, Ian has to do two things: put him up this week (duh) and get a commitment from Shane to vote Dan out. Given Ian's actions to this point, that set of events seems unlikely.

September 9, 2012 at 10:26 AM  
Blogger breyedgrl55 said...

So sorry but I don't think Dani is such an awesome player. I feel all her moves were orchestrated by Dan. Give it to her that she listens well and obeys. Dani only won the HOH because it was thrown to her by Brit. Dani did win a POV. I have pulled for Ian from the beginning along with Brit and Shane. I would like to see Ian win and Shane come in second. I think these two have played the most admirable game. I would also like to see Dani sent home Wednesday and Jenn on Thursday, leaving Dan out in the dishonorable f3 out. I like Dan but have not liked his game play this time around. Dans funeral was totally unnecessary. My last ramblings, Ian to win

September 9, 2012 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mornin' Carolyn, and if you haven't seen any of my posts yet thanking you, I will say it again: Thanks you all so very much for what y'all do for us!!
I heard the convo between Ian and Dan about Ian's ADHD, but he seems really angry this morning in the BB House! At around 10:27 am CA time he started throwing his hands around, talking to himself, went into the storage room and it got worse. Wonder what he is thinking about that has him so upset? Then when Dan comes in, he is back to normal. I mean I know, he has the disorder, my son had ADD, so I understand it, both of them, but I worry that he is over thinking things....Know what I mean?
Peace N Love to my BB Fam!!

September 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM  
Blogger jenn said...

Morning all! Great post Carolyn, all those things and more (as you said, not even going to pretend I know what Dan is thinking, but the things are still rattling..lol) are spinning around in my head too. I'm sure they r for everyone!!

Just want to comment on a couple things that have been bugging me....

I've heard it often thru the season and the past few days it seems it's become a mantra for many people....Dan has already won the money or Dan doesn't need the money so he should not win.

This bothers me for a two main reasons 1. If the logic is Dan should not win because "he doesn't need the money" it seems to me we should do a financial check on all the HG's and award the money to the HG that needs it the MOST.

2. Dan already winning once should be irrelevent (I would say the same if Boogie was still there and I am not a Boogie fan).

The money should go to the best player this season. Period. End of discussion.

IMO, that would be Ian or Dan at this point and hearing Frank interviewed outside the house saying he will do whatever it takes to get Jenn the jury votes no matter who she is sitting next to (especially Dan or Ian) is about the poorest sportsmanship there is in this game.

Frank played hard and I was really seeing a different side to him after Boogie left. But this kind of talk insults us, the game and quite honestly Frank himself.

Again, the money should be given to player that played the best game of the season.

I know jury member's are still riding on emotion when first evicted but I think this season is a little different and I do worry that Frank and Brit will have a lot of influence in the jury house.

Here's to hoping commen sense prevails and theis years winner is picked soley on gameplay and not grudges, bibles, or, let's just say it, one big temper tantrum.

That's all :0)

September 9, 2012 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Roz said...

Carolyn, that was brilliant! You're right on with everything. I too want Dan to win, but Jenn could blow up the game right now if she's smart. I like watching smart players and (with the exception of pretty pretty Shane) that's all that's left. Should be fun. Love your site. Thanks for all your work.

September 9, 2012 at 10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn, great Sunday morning post with some very astute observations. I may not favor Danielle but frankly she is just a normal slightly immature 23 year old. She has managed to play a good game for herself and she deserves as much credit for being where she is as does Dan.

Who the heck can tell what Dan is really thinking and what his ultimate game plan really is, I think for Dan that is a moving target that can change on a dime based upon the circumstances and that is what makes him such a strong player.

I am so hoping that Ian relies on his intellect in making decisions moving forward, I just love this kid. He is just beautiful inside and out, but I fear that he may keep Dan because Dan represents competition but also security. None of the other folks left in the house really take the time to know and understand Ian and Dan has always had the unique gift of taking the time and interest to really know people well. I suspect it is why his "mist" is so powerful and effective.

Still rooting for Dan and Ian in the final 2 and I would imagine it would be quite the vote and a tough jury decision as they both so have played hard, smart and nonstop for the win.

Enjoy your day out and about getting a break.

September 9, 2012 at 10:45 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Oh, Carolyn, thank you so so much for giving us your ideas. I always love it when you and Leesa give us your side comments. I would like to say I agree with all you said. Nail on head. Period.

I believe you are correct that Jenn could burn them and although, I would not want to see her win, I would like to see the fireworks she has stored up. I must compliment her on her patient and tolerant nature she has used so many times (except for the outburst when her and Boogie were on the block) since she has been there. I feel sure she is about to burst and feel sorry for her because she needs music and has been denied that since entering the house.

I still do not want Dani near any money. I think Shane could definitely use some money, but Dan and Ian's game has been superior to them all.

I just don't know who I want to win at this point as I was a big Brit fan. I admired her so much for her treatment of Ian and her hilarious ways. I hope she walks away with something. I think Ian will be America's favorite though.

September 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Oh, Carolyn. Thank you so so much for giving us your ideas. I always love it when you and Leesa give us your side comments. I would like to say I agree with all you said. Nail on head.
I believe you are correct that Jenn could burn them and although, I would not want to see her win, I would like to see the fireworks she has stored up. I must compliment her on her patient and tolerant nature she has used so many times (except for the outburst when her and Boogie were on the block) since she has been there. I feel sure she is about to burst and feel sorry for her because she needs music and has been denied that since entering the house.
I still do not want Dani near any money. I think Shane could definitely use some money, but Dan and Ian's game has been superior to them all.
I just don't know who I want to win at this point as I was a big Brit fan. I admired her so much for her treatment of Ian and for hilarious ways. I hope she walks away with something. I think Ian will be America's favorite though.

September 9, 2012 at 10:47 AM  
Blogger Petra said...

Oh, Carolyn, thank you so so much for giving us your ideas. I always love it when you and Leesa give us your side comments. I would like to say I agree with all you said. Nail on head. Period.

I believe you are correct that Jenn could burn them and although, I would not want to see her win, I would like to see the fireworks she has stored up. I must compliment her on her patient and tolerant nature she has used so many times (except for the outburst when her and Boogie were on the block) since she has been there. I feel sure she is about to burst and feel sorry for her because she needs music and has been denied that since entering the house.

I still do not want Dani near any money. I think Shane could definitely use some money, but Dan and Ian's game has been superior to them all.

I just don't know who I want to win at this point as I was a big Brit fan. I admired her so much for her treatment of Ian and her hilarious ways. I hope she walks away with something. I think Ian will be America's favorite though.

September 9, 2012 at 10:50 AM  
Blogger April said...

Loved reading your musings Carlolyn!!

XXOO :)

September 9, 2012 at 11:13 AM  
Blogger Jamie F. said...

Carolyn- I really enjoyed this. It's so nice to here your perspective on things in an unbias way.. I couldnt agree with you more. Here's to hoping for Jenn to get things heated up ;)

September 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below